If you would like some more information on asbestos, here are a few resources that you can freely access.
- The Casale Monferrato article gives insight on the psychological impact of mesothelioma.
- The documentary Breathtaking is a wonderful video that beautifully explains the plight of asbestos victims.
- Access the information page on asbestos from the Canadian Research group on carcinogen exposures from CAREX Canada, along with lots of other e-tools.
- Access the Saskatchewan Public Registry
- The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety has an asbestos page
- The International Ban Asbestos Secretariat has long been a platform to ban the use of asbestos worldwide
- The US site Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization contains many resources and victim stories
If you believe that you may have been exposed, please consult your health care practitioner as soon as possible. To assist you with this, we have a letter that you can simply hand to your health care practitioner to explain why you are requesting an exam. You can download the generic Letter to a Health Care Practitioner in Word format.
If you believe you were exposed as a worker, contact your Province’s Ministry of Labour. In Ontario, you can also contact the Office of the Worker Adviser for assistance, your local MP/MPP or a local community legal clinic.
You can access your Province or Territory’s Ministry of Labour at the following contact information.
|Ontario – Health and Safety||1-877-202-0008|
|Manitoba – Health and Safety||1-866-888-8186|
|Saskatchewan – Health and Safety||1-800-567-7233|
|Alberta – Health and Safety||1-866-415-8690|
|British Columbia – General Enquiries||1-800-663-7867|
|Yukon – General Enquiries||1-867-667-5811|
|Northwest Territories – General Enquiries||1-867-873-7500|
|Nova Scotia – Health and Safety||1-902-424-5400|
|Nova Scotia – OHS Advisory Committee – Executive Director (Harold Carroll)||1-902-424-8477|
|New Brunswick – General Information||1-506-453-3892|
|Prince Edward Island – Labour Relations||1-800-333-4362|
|Newfoundland and Labrador – Labour Relations Agency||1-877-563-1063|
|Quebec – Commission des normes de travail – English||1-800-265-1414|
|Federal Labour Program – Health and Safety||1-800-641-4049|