If you would like some more information on asbestos, here are a few resources that you can freely access.

If you believe that you may have been exposed, please consult your health care practitioner as soon as possible. To assist you with this, we have a letter that you can simply hand to your health care practitioner to explain why you are requesting an exam. You can download the generic Letter to a Health Care Practitioner in Word format.

If you believe you were exposed as a worker, contact your Province’s Ministry of Labour. In Ontario, you can also contact the Office of the Worker Adviser for assistance, your local MP/MPP or a local community legal clinic.

You can access your Province or Territory’s Ministry of Labour at the following contact information.

Ontario – Health and Safety 1-877-202-0008
Manitoba – Health and Safety 1-866-888-8186
Saskatchewan – Health and Safety 1-800-567-7233
Alberta – Health and Safety 1-866-415-8690
British Columbia – General Enquiries 1-800-663-7867
Yukon – General Enquiries 1-867-667-5811
Northwest Territories – General Enquiries 1-867-873-7500
Nova Scotia – Health and Safety 1-902-424-5400
Nova Scotia – OHS Advisory Committee – Executive Director  (Harold Carroll) 1-902-424-8477
New Brunswick – General Information 1-506-453-3892
Prince Edward Island – Labour Relations 1-800-333-4362
Newfoundland and Labrador – Labour Relations Agency 1-877-563-1063
Quebec – Commission des normes de travail – English 1-800-265-1414
Nunavut 1-877-212-6438
Federal Labour Program – Health and Safety 1-800-641-4049

It’s time. Help us. Make a Difference. Ban Asbestos, Canada, Now!